Seeking volunteers willing to plant Zinnias at an adopted location (flowers will be provided) and tend to the location throughout the summer.
This can be a family, individual, civic, religious, political or charitable group.
Below is the list of locations. Please submit a request to the Zion Township Office (info@Ziontownship.org or 847-872-2811) and identify the location, if you have a preference. We will contact you!
Planting day will be on Wednesday, May 22nd from 2:30pm til 7:30pm, with Thursday, May 23rd as a rain date, and May 29th as the backup back up planting date!
Note: if you can’t make the planting date, don’t let that stop you from volunteering, we will accommodate you. We are seeking watering volunteers to fill in for people on vacation!
- Welcome to Zion signs:
- N Lewis at 12st and Lewis west side
- S Lewis at 33rd and Lewis east side
- N Sheridan south of Camp Logan Rd west side (just south of Pinsters)
- S Sheridan north of Wadsworth Rd east side (by Bill’s Custard)
- 173 east of Greenbay Rd south side by Subway
- Country Wood Hills sign at Countrywood Dr and 9th
- Police Department by flag pole and door on Gilboa Ave.
- Shiloh House – around the sign and the flagpole
- Fire Station 1 at the flag pole at Elisha and Caledonia
- Carillon – 27th and Caledonia – west of Fire Station
- City Hall by Electronic sign, around flag pole, parking lot and along sidewalk – Adopted by Boy Scout Troop 663
- Dome Pots at 24th and Sheridan Rd.
- Train Station – 2 pots
- Fire Station #2 by bushes in front, Lewis Ave N of 21st
- Flemming Park – Sheridan Rd and 28th St north of City Hall (across 28th street from It’s All Good coffee shop)
- Public Works sign on 27th
- Clock Tower garden bed – Sheridan Rd and Shiloh Blvd east side.
- Memorial Park – Sheridan Rd and Shiloh Blvd west side.
- 14 planters along Emmaus Ave and Shiloh Blvd, along the Lagoon (these will be split up to multiple groups)